Sunday, February 18, 2007

Where Oh Where Have My Bloggers Gone?

Feb 18. Today is Sunday. This is Nana. No bloggers in sight. I decided to go looking for my "little people''. Then I came across the activity board for today. Oh, Oh! With all of this going on I think I know who will be doing the reporting today.
Well that gives me an opportunity to give the adult side of the FDR story. I still say, like I have said for many years .. for a family holiday experience, you cannot beat an FDR Resort.

While our kiddies are having so much fun, the five adults in our little group are making friends, enjoying the water, the beach, the wonderful air, the more relaxing activities ... if you can call reggae style water aerobics, and pool polo relaxing...and the very excellent food and drink which seem to be constantly available.

The staff and the friendly service they offer at both FDR resorts is truly the best of the best. Here no request is a problem. The sincere friendliness of the staff spills over to the guests and everyone is infected with their sense of good will.

The intimate size of the resorts ensures that you are never out of touch and wondering where your children are and what they are doing and if they are safely enjoying themselves too.

Our own travel agency has clients who have come to FDR resorts for the sixth and seventh time in as many years. On this trip however I met a family who have been coming each year for the last sixteen years. The "children" in the family are now in their twenties and still return with their families... now extended to include aunts, uncles, and friends. I asked why, with so much choice available, they kept coming back to FDR. Their answer was, "Because we love it here, we've always loved it... It feels like home."

What really puts FDR Resorts in a realm of their own though is the Nanny service that is included. Jamaicans love children. They love their children, and they will love and care for your children like their own.

I have to include a photo here of a scene that really touched me personally. I was sitting watching a young Nanny as she sat for a long time on a beach lounge peacefully staring at the sea while gently cradling a wee one who slept so relaxed and "at home" in her arms, experiencing "day Care", Jamaican style.
I continued to watch as the young parents came by to check that all was OK. When they saw the tranquil scene on the beach, they smiled at each other and at the Nanny and sleeping baby and went on their way again obviously assured that all was well.

What more can I say! I'm off for a swim now. Tomorrow we return to Canada, having felt "at home" here from the moment we arrived. Thank you FDR.

Continue>>
a